I just got back from Korea with a couple of Kdrama Fans friend, our goal was to go to as many filming locations from Goblin, Descendants of the Sun and The Legend of the Blue Sea. We put together a 5-Day itinerary that was a mix of Kdrama tour, famous landmark and shopping. Now that I’m back I’m happy to share the Kdrama tour part and hopefully get your kdrama fix as well, if you are a Goblin, DOTS and LOTBS trash like us!
Before anything else, I would like to say a big KOMAWO to this blog: http://doggi3.com/ – her name is also Patricia. She has put together a very comprehensive guide on how to get to filming locations! I’ll link up the directions to her blog instead of writing it down here because she deserves the credits. We couldn’t have made this possible without her guide.
For the pictures, uhm.. I’m thinking of doing a post one by one. So I guess this will be a master post of some sort???
FRI May 19 Incheon – Central Park, Dal.komm Coffee, Hanmi Bookstore
- 5:20 – Board AREX towards Incheon Central Park (1hr and 30mins travel) approx. fare 5,000 won
- 6:20 – Leave luggage at storage lockers at Central Park Station? OPTIONAL
- 6:30 – 8:00 – Central Park (Tribowl – Legends of the Blue Sea filming location)*
- 8:00 – Dal.Komm Central Park branch – DOTS filming location
- 10:00 – Travel to Dong-Incheon (40mins)
- 10:40 – 11:40- Hanmi Bookstore (Goblin filming location)
- 11:40 – 12:40 – Travel to Seoul (Sinchon)
- 12:40 onwards – Leave luggage at Hostel or if possible to check in early – REST if not – LUNCH
- 15:00 – 17:00 CHECK IN/REST
- 17:00 – onwards – Travel to Doota Mall (check DOTS exhibition)*
- Dinner at Seorae Galmaegi – Korean BBQ (191-5 Hwigyeong-dong Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea) DOTS filming location*
SAT MAY 20 (Yeouido, Cheonggyecheon and Myeongdong)
- 07:30 – 09:30 – Riverside SpaLand – We Got Married filming location but not a Legends of the Blue Sea Filming Location**
- 10:00 – 12:00 Hangang River Park – bike / Cheonggyecheon Stream
- Lunch at Olive BBQ Chicken – http://doggi3.com/2017/02/26/goblin-sunnys-bbq-olive-chicken-cafe-02/ **
- 13:00 – 18:30 Myeongdong Cathedral*, Shopping Street, Hoe Joon Jae’s house
- 19:00 – 21:00 N Seoul Tower
- 21:30 – 23:00 Sinchon Soju Night*
SUN MAY 21 (Everland)
- 09:30 – 20:00 Everland
- 22:00 – 23:00 Hongdae Free Market / Night market*
MONDAY MAY 22 (Palaces, Museums)
- 07:00 – 09:00 Namsangol Hanok Village*
- 11:00 – 15:00
- Gyeongbukgung Palace (guided tours at 11am, changing of the guards ceremony 11am)
- Gwanghwamun Square
- National Folk Museum*
- 16:00 – 19:00 Insadong*
TUESDAY MAY 23 (Hanok Village)
- 8:00 – 10:00 Bukchon Hanok Village **
- 11:00 -15:00 MYEONG-DONG Last Minute Shopping
Items marked with * means we didn’t get to do them ^_^ Some items were also moved on an earlier date or later date, I marked them with two (*).
Stay tuned for pictures and detailed posts for the filming locations.