Xin Chao! I just returned from a week long trip to Hanoi, Vietnam. A lot of people say that traveling to Vietnam can be done on a shoestring budget and they did not lie! If you are still on the fence let me share with you how much I spent in Hanoi for a week.
Again this is for 7 days!!!!
Here you go!
A couple of things to note:
- We availed of a Mid-range overnight Halong Bay Cruise for $85 with Lily’s Travel Agency which already included 2 Lunch, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast on board plus kayaking and eco fees – I discovered Lily’s Travel Agency through TripAdvisor reviews and she did not disappoint!
- For our accommodation, I used the promo code for new Airbnb users and the rest of the stays were subsidized by my Hilton Honors Points. I used 30,000 pts for a 3-night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The cost of our Airbnb was split among two people thus it was only P1700.
- As you can see I went a bit cray with souvenirs but if you have a stronger EQ than me then you can easily bring the cost to around PHP 10,500 🙂
- We only stayed within the Old Quarter/French Quarter thus the low transportation costs, the bulk of the transportation were spent on airport transfers.
- I did not include airfare but we were lucky and got a promo fare for around PHP 6,000! So if you add that in then the total cost will be around PHP 21,970.50
With this budget I already ate to my heart’s content and went around Old Quarter comfortably. In fact, I still have 15,000 VND left which is enough for one banh mi! 🙂